|Title:||BMA - Clerk (Receiving)|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates
- Promote Safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits
- Receive and locate all inbound trailers
- Send daily OS&D reports for each trailer received
- Create/Process any manual and invalid cartons
- Build a partnership with our retail stores while scheduling all D58 shipments
- Work with our Stores and Carriers to coordinate seasonal Floorsets
- Manage daily UPS shipments
- Other projects as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience in distribution, manufacturing or retail environment. Home delivery knowledge preferred. Jn lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience.
- Ability to rnultitask, and be extremely detailed on all written and verbal communications/documentation
- HubWm knowledge necessary, TPM knowledge preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office Knowledge -especially Outlook, Excel
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner
- Excellent attendance, and willingness to be part of a team -performing whatever duties are necessary
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.