|Title:||Logistics / Routing Analyst - Home Delivery|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
- Logistics Analyst will provide local support to hubs as it pertains to capacity, density and frequency.
- This position will be the liaison between centralized routing team and home delivery hubs reporting on the success of route configuration, availability and route compliance.
- Accountability for availability of frequency/capacity of trucks ensuring:
- Daily routes are available every <3 business days
- Multi-Day routes are available within 7 business days
- Remote routes are available 1-2 times a month
- Fine Routing: Continuous route adjustments based on capacity, density and frequency.
- Routing Timeliness: ensuring that routes are published for operational needs.
- Routing Analysis
- Creating reports to reflect capacity, density, and frequency numbers
- Creating reports to demonstrate delivery timeliness
- Determining continuous improvement in current route norms including territory alignments
- Contractor compliance and communications including dual dock requirements and DOT compliance.
- Communication liaison between Hubs and Schedulers.
- Daily communication with network hub on resource creation.
- Escalation process between centralized routing team and local Hubs.
- Publishing of routes to local Hubs for route assignment.
MUST EXHIBIT EXCEPTIONAL ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic distribution environment is required
- A strong internal and external customer commitment
- Consistency and reliability
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels in order to work cross organizationally toward solutions and excellent leadership and consensus building skills
- Responsible for achieving efficiency and production objectives consistent with quality requirements
- Ability to motivate a team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Manage projects under aggressive time and dollar constraints.
scheduler routing planner route
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in related area(s) preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 year routing experience or in related field.
- Proven proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels
- Descartes or other Routing System Knowledge preferred.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.