Furniture Repair Tech
|Title:||Furniture Repair Tech|
- Deluxing of all outbound furniture prior to delivery to ensure no damages are present and all parts are included
- Inspect and repair/service all merchandise sold and delivered by WSI prior to or following load out/delivery
- Minor to more complex repair of damages/ defects in order to meet standards (i.e. wood repair, touch up, burn-ins, fill sticks, etc.)
- Paint and finish color-matching for wood products, using lacquers for flat to high gloss finishes
- Inventory and organize all shop tools and repair materials/supplies
- Assist with load outs and assemblies
- Assist in other areas of the furniture hub operations as needed
- Positive attitude with strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively
- Dependable and deadline oriented with ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team, performing whatever duties are necessary
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in industry with excellent knowledge of both wood and upholstery furniture
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and perform work that requires extensive periods of standing, kneeling, squatting, and lifting
- Prior Mohawk furniture repair training/experience preferred
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications