|Title:||Lead Merch Processor (Work Leader)|
|Location:||Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
SUMMARY: With direct supervision, supports Operations Manager/GOM with leading, guiding and directing a group of associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the WS Objectives in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost.
ESSENTIAL CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train, direct and lead a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience
- Support overall operation of Ft Lauderdale, FL Hub returns and cross dock operations
- Labor planning, inbound returns processing and triage, outbound outlet shipments, outbound furniture hub orders, production transfer, inventory management.
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates
- Lead by example through demonstrating integrity and acting in responsible and accountable manner
- Research and resolve productivity issues by using PKMS – warehouse system
- Periodically check work and coach on pace and methods. Provide timely feedback on performance related matters
- Coordinate team assignments and occasionally re-assign associates to other areas as necessary
- Share business information and listen to teammates. Communicate with manager and other departments verbally and through required reporting
- Adhere to budget requirements and works toward obtaining departmental objectives and division goals
- Suggest improvements to current techniques and processes. Solicit opinions of team members on effectiveness of department operations to maximize productivity and achieve service levels.
- Responsible for staffing and scheduling of associates.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience in distribution or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Logistics, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced Computer Knowledge -Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Explorer
- Knowledge of PKMS – warehouse production system
- Good math and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a team with other associates and supervisors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have a strong sense of urgency and time management to meet established deadlines