|Title:||Seamstress**Now Offering Peak Season Incentive Pay|
|Location:||City of Industry, CA|
WSI is offering peak season pay increases for all manufacturing associates from October to January 3, 2021.
Associates will receive an additional $2.00 per hour.
**Base pay rate: $16.50 + $2 for peak season incentive pay until Jan. 3, 2021. You can earn up to 18.50/hr.****
*2nd shift: Monday- Friday: 2am to 10:30pm (must be able to work OT/Weekends)
The sewer has to have the ability to sew anything that a standard upholstered sewing department would sew in making up-end upholstered furniture. This would include cushions and backs with welt, flat sew, muslin sew, full slipcover sewing, serging, double needle, zipper, piecing and border and be able to sew any repairs of our product or one of our suppliers.
- Have the ability to operate computer assisted equipment
- Be able to use a standard welt foot
- Use a post double needle sewing machine
- Familiar with the use of zipper and a self welt border machine
- Operate a high step serger
- Adhere to established sewing standards including: sewing is straight and in alignment with cover pattern, and no drop stitches
- A minimum of 5 years experience in production of upper-end upholstery fabric
- Sewing in an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment
- Experience reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret simple sewing instructions commonly placed in a sewing manual
- Perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Frequently lift bundles of approximately 50 lbs
- Sit or stand for 10 hour periods
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacations 2-weeks, Sick-time, Holidays, Floating Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Associate Discount 40% off, Monthly Recognition Rewards, Parental Leave, Six Sigma Lean Training, Health Care Account, Dependent Care Account, Short-Term Disability, Bereavement, Pet Insurance and more.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer