|Title:||Planner Outbound - DC|
|Date Posted:||Sep 6, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Himanshu Bhardwaj|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Exempt|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture.
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
This personal in this position analyzes different distribution processes and assesses the scope and impact of each on business. They will identify and document process charts, information resources, distribution paths, and system specifications. The BA I will also help with workflow & process diagrams and conduct gap analysis. They will device and implement new solutions to problems by utilizing the 3Ps -people, process, and program- methodology. Implementation of the suggested solutions will be the key aspect of this position.
The Outbound Planner position is in Olive Branch, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Perform data analysis and conduct research related to distribution center operations to identify variance, discrepancies, and gaps; utilize the findings to determine opportunities for improvement and recommend timely corrective actions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conduct continuous improvement projects following six-sigma and lean manufacturing guidelines for providing high-standard service to customer.
- Create project SOPs and documentation for various projects and build a knowledge repository. Also, help develop a culture of data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Incorporate big data analysis to help identify trends and patterns in inventory movement across distribution centers.
- Be a team player who can wear different hats within various warehousing functions in order to serve the customer better.
- Analyze and define efficient, cost-effective solutions that support business processes and operational requirements.
- Independently initiate, identify, research, investigate, analyze, define, and document process changes with the aim of increasing productivity and enhancing efficiency.
- Understand organization's direction, structure, and requirements.
- May assist in development of project plans using the associated project planning tools, which include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths, detailed tasks, and deliverables.
- Provide status on project milestones, alerting client/project manager of any potential delays.
- Provide expertise to cross functional groups, delivers presentations, demonstrations and training for various initiatives and projects.
- Assist with the design and implementation of training programs for associated on the newer enhanced processes.
- Assist in planning, developing and executing test plans.
- Maintain issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems.
- Provide knowledge transfer and feedback as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with business users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 6 months 1 year of experience of job related technical experience.
- At least 2 years of experience defining and implementing business process improvements in supply chain management systems and warehouse management.
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, SQL, and BI tools
- Knowledge of current best practices in Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Distribution.
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Knowledge in VBA and Macros
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com