|Title:||Seasonal Logistics Coordinator|
|Date Posted:||Jul 5, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Laura Davis|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture.
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Seasonal Logistics Coordinator position is located in Memphis, TN. This position is responsible for supporting the Transportation Department through freight planning, logistics reporting, communication with business partners, freight claims and data management.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Coordinate freight deliveries to warehouses, hubs & stores
- Work with the warehouses to manage trailer pools and assign trailers for loading
- Schedule carrier delivery appointments at consignee locations
- Use TMS (transportation management system) to manage freight tenders and monitor/manage service levels
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative work assisting the claims department, including maintaining claims records, spreadsheets, and databases
- Active participation in conference calls with WSI corporate partners, freight carriers, warehouses, final mile hubs & stores
- React to sudden business changes by adjusting plans and problem-solving
- Manage TMS shipment data, including volumes, piece counts, shipment statuses & costs
- Negotiate spot capacity and rates with freight carriers
- Extract data to create reports and distribute them to both internal and external business partners
- Flexibility to rotate between other functions within the Transportation Department
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 year of proficient experience in MS Excel and Word
- Candidate must be able to create and maintain active spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Possess the ability to work well with others and support team goals. Maintain flexibility and accept other duties as assigned while conducting business in a professional manner at all times
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Associate degree in a related field
- Functional knowledge of PKMS, GTNexus, TMS, Yardview, and Qlikview…or similar systems & BI tools
- 2 years of professional experience in a Transportation or Customer Service-related role
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com