Arlington, TX Distribution Center
Full-Time Distribution Route Planner
Monday – Friday; 8am – 4:30pm
Our full-time associates enjoy the following benefits:
- Starting wage between $14.00 - $15.00
- Growth / Promotional Opportunities
- 40% discount on most merchandise for all brands
- Complimentary Onsite Fitness Center
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Casual Dress Environment
- Fun contests / reward and recognition programs
Position Summary: To work with the HUB Furniture delivery team and management to create efficient routes for in-home furniture delivery drivers.
- Working to create efficient routes, by maximizing stops per truck, and ensuring time frames on routes are achievable.
- Execute basic waving functions as needed.
- Review completed routes for accuracy in stop sequence.
- Review completed routes and verify time frames are achievable.
- Review and correct delivery addresses to ensure stop is routed to correct zone.
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma, Inc.’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates
- Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices
- Cleans and maintains the area and equipment
- Ad hoc duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 65 pounds or more
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand throughout scheduled shift
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to management and team
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team.
- Excellent PKMS or equivalent warehouse management system knowledge including handheld, truck mount and desktop.
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Mechanized Handling Equipment (Forklift) Certification required with experience operating counter-balance and stand-up reach truck.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams' single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.