QA Packaging Lab Technician
|Title:||QA Packaging Lab Technician|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
This position is responsible with daily drop testing packages and evaluating protective packaging for new sku’s and sku’s with high in transit damage rates for the package lab.
- Experience with the application and characteristics of protective packaging components such as EPS, EPE, EPU, corrugate pads, corrugate partitions, poly bags is required
- Must be able to distinguish if production packaging matches sample sent for testing at 3rd party test lab.
- Perform and coordinate packaging component quality assurance and testing within packaging lab, which includes in the case of test failures recommendations of changes to new or existing protective packaging components
- Maintain knowledge of current packaging principles and industry standards for ITSA 3A and ISTA 1A package lab testing
- Must be able to perform Root Cause Analysis to determine reasons for damages due to improper application of protective packaging components
- Lab technician will complete data entry and basic reporting functions
- Operating material handling equipment as needed.
- Excellent attendance
- Knowledge of protective packaging materials and their applications is a preferred
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to simultaneously follow up on multiple issues
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- PC skills in all Microsoft office applications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of WMS and AS400 systems, preferably PKMS and IPMS
- Data entry and analysis skills
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment or willingness to train on material handling equipment.