The HR Assistant is responsible for administration of day-to-day operations in all functions of the Human Resources department. This position will report to the Sr. HR Generalist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews Kronos daily and weekly timecards for accuracy and completeness.
- Records benefit time requests from managers into the timekeeping system and records on associates' attendance calendars
- Prepares Kronos Exceptions report
- Maintains associates schedules in the Kronos timekeeping system.
- Notifies managers if there are any discrepancies in missed punches, badge malfunctions, work schedules, and other discrepancies
- Assists associates and management with inquiries regarding payroll discrepancies, pay, hours, overtime, retro and available benefit time
- Supports recruitment activities including job postings, resume searches, candidate screening and interviews. Job offers, process drug test, backgrounds, and new hire orientation
- Perform calendar audits based on HR policies and procedures
- Maintains bulletin boards with current legal notices, company information, associate relations events, and other news related items
- Create and maintain files and records
- Perform administrative functions based on a strong understanding of HR policies and procedures with the ability to accurately communicate these policies to individuals at all levels with the organization
- Serves as a first point of contact for all associates inquiries and concerns
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of employment law and uses knowledge to address routine policy and practices issues
- Stay current with company policy changes and bring areas of frequent concern to management’s attention
- Adheres to standard company and department procedures
- Day-to-day benefits administration including responding to associate inquires, updating carrier system, escalating associate issues and concerns
- Other duties and projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Kronos timekeeping system.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational and strong problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must possess a professional demeanor and attitude and a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity to proprietary information
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of HR principles
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years HR experience required
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree desired
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications