|Title:||Sr. Category Manager|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Sr. Category Manager position will be working out of Memphis, TN or Olive Branch, MS. is responsible for identifying, recommending, and implementing strategic initiatives that focus on cost savings and cost avoidance in the sourcing of indirect goods and services. This position will focus on developing category strategies for facility, maintenance, and capital project spend categories and ensure successful delivery by effectively working with internal business partners.
This position develops supplier relationships and collaborates with internal business partners to lead sourcing strategies focused on cost out while maintaining high quality products and services. The Sr. Category Manager determines contract strategies to minimize risk while maintaining lowest total cost of ownership. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator and an expert in strategic sourcing and supply chain management techniques.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Lead complex Indirect categories by working with business partners to develop strategies around contracting, negotiation, communication, and supplier selection.
- Serve as expert for facility, maintenance, and capital project categories. Use market and spend analysis tools, know the market drivers, supplier base, emerging technologies, category spend by supplier and supplier performance.
- Develop negotiation strategies on complex (multi-million dollar) contracts. Actively work with Legal team to identify and incorporate appropriate levels of commercial protection, and conduct negotiations to achieve the optimal business results for the company.
- Perform market analysis and financial analysis to determine business risk associated with suppliers and contracts.
- Identify new sources of supply and develop optimal pricing methodology. Utilize the most strategic supply chain model to acquire products and services at the maximum level of savings.
- Manage and enhance supplier performance through standardized processes and continuous improvement efforts to obtain optimal results related to quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Develop supplier scorecards, service level agreements and key performance indicators.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Business or similar field.
- 7+ years of sourcing experience and/or experience in facility/capital project spend.
- Solid understanding of procurement practices and experience in developing and executing against category strategies.
- Experience in contract strategy and negotiation. Knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
- Experience in utilizing market data, indexes, and bench marking tools.
- Strong analytical and advanced planning skills.
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Advanced negotiation strategy development and execution
- Strong leadership characteristics and excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, influence and build strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strategic thinking and ability to formulate and translate strategies into plans that can be effectively executed
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects across different areas of the business
- Consistent drive for results
- Strong analytical and advanced planning skills
- Proven track record of delivering large savings projects
- Solid understanding of financial analysis and cost modeling
- Ability to bring creativity and innovation to problem solving.
- Ability to independently run projects end to end and overcome internal and external obstacles
- Ability to work with all levels and functions within the Company
- Graduate Degree / Master in Business
- Lean / Six Sigma
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship