|Title:||Human Resources Manager|
|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
The Human Resources Manager provides a full range of support and counsel to the Management Team. This includes talent management, planning and performance management, compensation, benefits, training and development, health and safety, and employee relations. They are responsible for the day-to-day application, communication, and implementation of human resources policies for the East Coast Operations.
(NOTE: The duties listed below are examples of the variety and general nature of those performed by employees in this job description. The list is descriptive only and should not be used for any other purpose. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of a position at any time. Incumbents are frequently cross-trained and may perform any combination of the following duties/responsibilities. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.)
- Supports company initiatives and regional Human Resources strategies.
- Supports mission and values in ways that support business objectives.
- Ensures HR programs support the culture for the location, and partners with business leaders to execute on location specific programs.
- Partners with business leaders to execute HR initiatives and HR programs, as well as helps lead the efforts to ensure seamless associate communications.
- Partners with regional HR functional teams including Talent Acquisition and Safety to efficiently implement, administer and deliver region-wide Human Resource programs, processes and projects.
- Works with operations management to determine recruitment needs and staffing objectives.
- Develops recruitment programs to attract, identify and source qualified candidates.
- Recruits for key positions through interviews and sourcing.
- Helps management identify and resolve issues in employee relations.
- Recommends improvements to HR policies, benefits and training programs, etc.
- Works with Williams-Sonoma's corporate HR department to administer benefit and leave of absence programs at the local level.
- Stays current on key federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Provides guidance and consultation to management in performance coaching and counseling as well as the administration of progressive discipline
- Provides guidance and consistent updates to management regarding changes in laws/regulations affecting the respective location
- Provides guidance and updates on any recruiting, new hiring practices, laws and regulations
- Assists in the coordination of associate events and positive associate relations activities
- Conducts exit interviews on all voluntary terminations.
- Facilitates all termination paperwork for voluntary and involuntary terms (including benefits info, final paycheck, etc.)
- Participates in unemployment hearings of impacted employees within respective functional groups.
- Utilizes current HR tools to perform administrative functions as necessary (i.e. self-service tool to code job changes.)
- Bachelor's degree, in Human Resource Management or equivalent required. SHRM certification preferred (PHR, SPHR).
- Minimum of 7 years of human resources business partner experience with strong emphasis on strategic partnerships with business, associate relations, generalist and human resources functions
- 5 years of a proven track record in leading and developing a Human Resources team
- Proven experience in conducting internal investigations and recommending appropriate course of action/resolution required.
- Expert associate relations skills including positive associate relations (union free) and conducting associate investigations
- Experience in logistics environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation/platform skills. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Experience partnering with all levels of staff and management in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and have demonstrated project management skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with in MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with relevant HRIS technology platforms and web-based time system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure, and meeting goals/deadlines is a must
- Requires agility in dealing with instant changes in the organization and projects
- Bilingual -- English/Spanish
- Must be able to read, write and understand English. Fluency is Spanish is a definite plus
- Requires the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines and objectives.
- Requires the ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret general business information, governmental regulations, and technical/trade journals.
- Requires the ability to write reports and communicate effectively using telephonic, written, and electronic means.
- Requires the ability to effectively and respectfully present information one-on-one, in small and large group situations and to customers, management and employees of the organization.