|Title:||Senior Business Intelligence Developer|
|Shift::||Varies/ 40 hrs a week|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer position is located in Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible This new and exciting role within our global Supply Chain team will be responsible for building the next generation of business intelligence tools. The focus is on developing BI dashboards, reports, and applications which will be adopted cross-functionally throughout our organization to enable business users to easily find, manipulate, and evaluate data to make informed decisions to optimize our global value chain. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will work towards bridging the gap between business processes and business intelligence. The role will mine, summarize, and analyze data from multiple sources to help drive insights into business performance. A key part of this role is to produce actionable reports that track KPIs, identifies areas of improvement which can assist in root cause analysis of problems.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Build and maintain Qlikview dashboards and reports to interface with business end users. These reports would be used cross-functionally throughout the organization to help business owners make better informed decisions and enhance the global supply chain value.
- Diagnose, continually improve, and maintain current Qlikview eco-system and help fix and enhance existing reports & dashboards.
- Research for bettering the tools used by the BI team and add predictive methodologies such as AI/ML to the repertoire by strategically finding use cases and business justifications.
- Analyze current business processes and network with stakeholders to find opportunities to i create new KPIs & dashboards to improve service to customer keeping the cost low.
- Identify data sources based on requests from internal customers and design BI tools to help end users best synthesize data and make optimal business decisions.
- Extracting/mining large volumes of data using complex optimized SQL queries from multiple decentralized systems driven by business requirements
- Building user friendly - interactive reports and dashboards using insights obtained from the analyses
- Providing continuous support to existing business intelligence dashboards and ad hoc reports (Qlikview eco-system); taking necessary actions to make the framework agile and robust
- Providing insights from data flow perspective to drive future development projects
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Master’s Degree in Analytics/ Computer Science/ Information Systems or related fields.
- At least 5 years previous experience in related field(s).
- Proven track record in developing BI tools including creating interactive applications, dashboards, and reports for business end users.
- Strong knowledge of Qlikview, Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL
- Exposure to other analytics platforms like Alteryx, Power BI, Tableu, etc.
- Ability to identify and work within a multitude of data sources with the additional ability to structure data validation to ensure data integrity
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little supervision
- Ability to work with internal customers and communicate business requirements
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits