|Shift::||1st & 2nd|
|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
The Williams-Sonoma Distribution Center in South Brunswick, NJ is hiring for Warehouse Clerks! Your career is waiting at Williams-Sonoma!
If you have experience working in a warehouse, office or call center environment, check out the variety of full-time clerk positions we have at our South Brunswick Distribution Center campus. We offer different shifts to fit your availability, competitive pay rates, generous shift differentials, and great benefits!
To be successful in this role, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment! We are looking for highly motivated team members who demonstrate reliable attendance. Certain roles may require you to stand and walk for extended periods of time and some workstations are in a warehouse environment that is subject to seasonal changes. We offer cross training opportunities to develop your skills and help you to advance in your career.
Full and part-time associates enjoy a range of benefits that may include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, personal time off, 3 weeks’ vacation pay, sick pay, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, employee discounts, employee referral incentives and more. Enjoy company-paid programs including 1x annual salary - life insurance, wellness programs, employee assistance resources, biometrics and flu shots.
To say that the world has been turned upside-down over the last six months would be an understatement. With COVID-19 as new norm, we believe it is important to stay abreast of new ways to stay safe – currently we have daily wellness checks, socially distanced work stations, break and lunch rooms, temperature scanners at the entrances, an on-site cleaning crew, hand sanitizer stations, disposable and cloth masks provided, and electrostatic cleaning done weekly. If you like the sound of it, then come join our team. We think you'll like it here!
- Ability to multitask and be detailed on all written and verbal communications/documentation.
- Executing standard operating procedures to process overages, shortages & damages (OS&D’s), perform load closures, data entry, and pulling reports.
- Coverage on load-planning/receiving/picking when necessary.
- Assist with daily task reconciliation and research on invalid cases.
- Prepares pick sheets for the team to complete.
- Takes ownership of warehouse functions; ensuring processes are completed correctly.
- Effectively communicating via phone and email to internal and external personnel.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company to help avoid unsafe or hazardous working conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 – 2 years of warehouse experience.
- Knowledge in operating the following: MHE's – Swing Reach, Reach Truck, & Order Picker. Previous experience a plus.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
- AS400 Warehouse Management system knowledge required.
- Organized, detailed, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent attendance, and willingness to be part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary
- Availability to work full time schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, and strong communication skills.
- Bilingual is a plus – English/Spanish.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.