About Williams Sonoma DC - Braselton
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The HR Generalist position is located in Braselton, GA. This position is responsible for providing expertise and support to generate results and create value in the following areas of HR: associate relations, onboarding, recruitment and selection, HR administration/HRIS, employment law, diversity and inclusion, safety/WC and leave of absence management.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Work with managers and business leadership on human resources issues, providing insight and options compliant with legislation and consistent with Williams-Sonoma's people first philosophy, policies and culture.
- Interact daily with management and associates to ensure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs, and/or concerns as they arise.
- Manage associate onboarding process to ensure a smooth and successful beginning to employment with Williams-Sonoma.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Investigate, document and resolve associate relations issues.
- Assist in the administration of the DC recognition program.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Provides HR support to regional furniture Hubs with recruiting and associate relations concerns
- Involvement in operational functions within the facility/region as appropriate.
- Counsel and direct associates regarding Leave of Absence, disability benefits and utilization of company benefits programs.
- Generates reports, data and dashboards as requested.
- Workers Compensation tracking and coordination with region, corporate and vendor resources.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience in HR generalist functions (recruiting, hiring, onboarding, associate relations, recognition, and leave of absence programs).
- Experience in effective interviewing and selection techniques.
- Knowledge of HR practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to handle high level of confidentiality and common-sense regarding employee information.
- Ability to objectively coach associates and management through complex, difficult, and personal issues.
- Ability to plan and organize time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and demonstrated skills in HRIS, applicant tracking and record/document management. Power BI experience a plus.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer