|Title:||Sutter St- Upholstery Line Lead|
|Shift::||Monday- Thursday 6:00 am - 4:30 pm|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Position is located at our SE2 Plant in Conover, NC
Schedule: Monday- Thursday 6:00 am- 4:30
POSITION SUMMARY: With minimal supervision, supports Operations Manager/GOM with leading, guiding and directing a group of associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost in the Frame Assembly department.
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates.
- Utilize William’s Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Solicit opinions of team members on departmental operations in an effort to maximize productivity and quality objectives.
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits
- Works cooperatively and harmoniously with supervisor, co-workers, and others
- Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience.
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers, and manager by using departmental resources
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires.
- Willingness to be a part of a team performing other duties as necessary
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports
- Other projects as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent and one year of experience in distribution, manufacturing or retail environment. In lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience
- 1 year of experience working with a warehouse management system
- 1 year experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attendance