|Title:||Sr. HR Generalist|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
About Williams Sonoma DC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Sr. HR Generalist position is located in Tracy, CA. This role is responsible for providing expertise and support to generate results and create value in the following areas of HR: recruitment and selection, associate relations, onboarding, HR administration/HRIS, employment law, diversity and inclusion, safety/WC and LOA.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Interact daily with management and associates to ensure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs, and/or concerns as they arise
- Work with managers and business leadership on human resources issues, providing insight and options compliant with legislation and consistent with Williams-Sonoma's people first philosophy, policies, and culture
- Investigate, document, and resolve associate relations issues
- Assist in the administration of the DC recognition program
- Participate in the corporate diversity and inclusion committee and develop and implement local programs
- Manage associate onboarding process
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Partner with management teams to execute people first platforms including our annual Associate Opinion Survey and ensure programs are successful
- Involvement in operational functions within the facility/region as appropriate
- Respond to unemployment claims and reports worker's compensation claims, benefits, etc.
- Counsel and direct associates to STD/FMLA vendor and respond to eligibility inquiries
- Implement, communicate, and manage HR programs, policies, and associate guidelines to achieve goals and fulfill legal requirements. Ensure consistency across the organization with all existing programs
- Sourcing, assessing, interviewing, and influencing talent for all levels of positions, with a primary focus on brand recruiting. Responsibilities
- Develops recruitment strategy for each open position in partnership with field leadership; clearly defines sourcing strategies and expectations.
- Develops candidate slates to present to Hiring Managers and works as a liaison between candidates, Hiring Managers and Human Resource partners throughout the full cycle recruiting process.
- Works closely with other HR departments to provide input to and participate in HR programs and initiatives, such as post-hire retention, relocation, and interview skills training.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in candidates….
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 2-3 years of experience in HR generalist functions (recruiting, employment, employee relations, Affirmative Action, training, etc.).
- Knowledge of HR practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle high level of confidentiality and common-sense regarding employee information.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and personal issues.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all levels and the general public.
- Ability to plan and organize time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, PowerPoint, and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits