Purchasing Manager - Fabric Planning
|Title:||Purchasing Manager - Fabric Planning|
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Purchasing Manager for our Sutter Street Manufacturing team will:
- Responsible for purchasing, scheduling and inventory control of all raw materials for a multi-plant manufacturing environment
- Facilitate process of selection and certification of suppliers and procurement of raw materials, components, and/or MRO supplies for upholstery manufacturing. Develops and maintains supplier scorecards to drive performance.
- Source backup suppliers to offset potential delivery, capacity, quality, and costing issues with primary suppliers
- Train suppliers in the use of all materials management software
- Investigate and resolve supplier quality issues, delivery, and packaging methods that impact on time delivery or inventory turns by facilitating communication between Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Product Development and Purchasing
- Set up Sku's and work closely with Product Development team on costing. Work closely with Director of Manufacturing to ensure that production schedule is met. Match PO's to receivers and post to AX system.
- Responsible for all costing of new products. Work closely with Product Development to track and complete all costing and sourcing of new products introduced. Complete all Bills of Materials information and maintain AX system with pricing updates, raw materials changes and labor adjustments
- Support Director of Manufacturing with product specifications on new frame development (pricing, vendor selection, etc.).
- Support Controller with month-end close, inventory control, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of upholstery manufacturing, sourcing and purchasing
- Knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) system
- Knowledge of raw material sourcing, supplier certification, and product quality assurance
- Material Management software programs
- Broad technical view and understanding of the purchasing process
- Strong relationship skills-internally and externally
Strong communication skills-verbal and written