|Title:||DC Training Coordinator Lead-1st Shift|
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
The DC Training Coordinator Lead will be responsible for coordinating job skills training in operations departments across the DC or Hub. This position will focus on ensuring accurate and timely delivery of job skills training for new and tenured associates by partnering with assigned job skills trainers and department managers.
- Coordinate job skills training across all departments of a shift ensuring timely and effective delivery of competency based training programs. Hub TC Lead responsible for training for all shifts.
- Provide coaching and direction to job skills trainers.
- Identify training needs and gaps and make recommendations to Operations management to address the skill or knowledge gap.
- Ensure documentation of all training provided meets documentation standards and requirements.
- Assist with associate onboarding activities.
- Audit training to ensure correct skills and information are being provided and competency assessments and measures are completed correctly.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as needed.
- Develop training work instructions and job aids and support utilization of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Champion and model positive work behaviors and interactions at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and 1 year of experience in a distribution, manufacturing, or retail environment.
- Previous experience leading, developing and/or providing skills based training programs.
- Proficiency in working with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities (multi-task).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner.
- Availability to work full time schedule supporting the needs of a distribution center operations team. Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a team with other associates and supervisors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.