|Title:||Director of Purchasing|
The Director of Purchasing is a seasoned professional with a track record of success in a fast-paced manufacturing environment including developing people, safety performance, managing change, cost improvements and developing and sustaining effective vendor relationships. This position oversees the management of purchasing functions and directs activities so that approved products are shipped on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the development and formulation of long-and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives for the purchasing functions.
- Develop a strategic and timely purchasing plan to ensure that products conform to customer and quality standards.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards; provides reports on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Formulate and recommend policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the manufacturing facility.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of purchasing and inventory standards.
- Drive a culture that emphasizes a "People First" environment, open communication, empowerment, recognition and workplace safety.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g. facility layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Understand profit and loss, accounting functions and the relationship of operational activities and decisions.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors and collaboration partners.
- Partner with Human Resources to deploy leadership development opportunities, building a diverse workforce, and introduction of change management concepts to build an engaged workforce.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
- 7-10 years successful experience leading a large operations organization
- Demonstrated success in the management of people and very strong leadership traits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities; problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Proficient in WMS systems and how they relate to inventory control and accuracy.
- Demonstrated success in the management of third-party providers in the areas of warehouse operations, value added services and transportation.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- MBA (concentration in Business, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related field)
- Previous Supply Chain Logistics, Transportation or Engineering experience
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing expertise
- A wide range of logistics experience which may include start-ups, business turnarounds, expansion , new technologies and equipment additions
- Change management including products and process
- Experience with the implementation and execution of final mile home delivery solutions. Specifically, the preparation and delivery of high-quality furniture to a customer's home and/or to retail store locations.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must -- expert in Microsoft Excel required and expert in Microsoft SQL a big plus