|Shift::||Sunday-Wednesday 6:00 PM-4:30 AM|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma Distribution Centers - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Lead position will utilize Williams Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments. Carefully solicit opinions of team members on departmental operations to maximize productivity and quality objectives. Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques. Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture through the company. Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits. Works cooperatively and harmoniously with manager, co-workers, and others.
The Lead position is located in Olive Branch, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience.
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers and manager by using departmental resources.
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires.
- Provide training, productivity reporting, and feedback to any errors made by staff daily.
- Daily start-up meeting and communication of daily/weekly goals for department.
- Work with the Ops Manager for specific service metrics related to safety, service, quality and cost.
- Lead continuous improvement and provide exceptional customer service to the stores and customers
- Lead staffs to ensure effectiveness and productivity metrics are met.
- Handle all escalations and provide follow up, handle weekly incident reports, and customer surveys.
- closely with management in the daily operations for the department.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent REQUIRED
- At least 2-3 years of distribution or warehouse experience REQUIRED
- Proficiency in working with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports.
- Written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to lift to 75 pounds with or without accommodation.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits