|Title:||Mfg Hrly II (Trimmer)|
Trimmer will pull, lift and place the next upholstered piece in line weighing approximately 50-100 lbs onto the work station in order to build up.
· Progressive Line Upholstery set-up. May work on Main High End Upholstery as well.
· Conduct initial inspection of frame and materials to assure all pieces match the ticket on piece, including cushions and backs
· While trimming the outside of the piece assure the fabric has no lumps, holes or cat tracks. Also ensures the grain runs straight and that there are no loose corners.
· Ensure seams are straight, even and not gapped open while also ensuring welts are straight and even.
· Fit cushions to the in-back and in-arm making sure there is no gap between cushions
· Assure that seams are straight, even and not gapped open and all welts are straight and even
· Install black bottoms on underside of piece
· Must be able to successfully pass a post offer job screen
· Up to 5 years experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture
· Good attention to detail and ability to work with hands
· Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
· Ability to interpret simple upholstery/trimming instructions commonly placed in an upholstery/trim manual
· Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
· Good communication skills – oral and written
· Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
· Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
· Ability to frequently lift frames weighing approximately 75 lbs
· Ability to stand for 10 hour periods and bend and twist at waist and knees as required to upholster furniture
· Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations