|Location:||City of Industry, CA|
The Human Resources Manager will consult and advise management to facilitate department and company growth, impact business strategies, change initiatives and improve productivity. This position is responsible for identifying and participating in HR projects to accomplish HR initiatives. They will facilitate meetings and associate interventions and develop and interpret policy and procedures.
- Develop a partnership with business client(s) with 350 associates through effective consultation on strategic and operational issues. Offer options and/or direction to resolve problems and address issues.
- Plan for organizational capacity to support business strategy.
- Facilitate growth by acting as change agent to impact business strategies, change initiatives and productivity.
- Complete needs assessment, design unique programs and delivery methods that meet the needs of the business. Determine need for training and development to address business, morale, or other needs.
- Provide coaching and counseling to management, associates, and peers in order to enhance individual HR expertise and business knowledge.
- Support employee relations through proactive and, as necessary, reactive interventions with employees and management confidentially and fairly.
- Develop, support and communicate policies and procedures. Manage risk and ensure legal compliance by keeping current with regulatory environment.
- Provide programs and services to enhance the fluid on-boarding of new associates.
- Consult with management to support pay for performance philosophy.
- Participate in initiatives supporting compensation and benefits including job evaluation, market data research, program enhancements, and incentive/variable pay program design.
- Coordinate special salary surveys, advise management on incentive/variable pay plans, participate in job design and evaluation. Provide analysis of compensation as it impacts retention strategies.
- Facilitate resolution of employee benefit issues.
- Provide timely information and/or education for all levels of the organization on critical/emerging HR issues having potential impact to the business operations.
- Participate in staffing and recruiting initiatives. Consult as required regarding decisions involving promotions, terminations, demotions, and transfers.
- Provide management HR information, analyzing and interpreting data to address and manage specific HR issues and concerns. Compile relevant data and periodically provides HR reports that relate to current identified problems or trends affecting the business.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- 7 - 10 years human resources experience
- Minimum of 4 years Employee Relations and Labor Relations experience
- Experience with high-volume non-exempt recruitment, conducting job fairs and the flexibility to effectively manage strict hiring timelines
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or related certification
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- 4+ years of high-volume Employee Relations experience
- 4+ years of Labor Relations experience with all varieties of LR and related HR issues with a tactical, hands-on approach.
- 4+ years of experience working in a furniture manufacturing or distribution center environment
- 6+ years Human Resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience