Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Train and lead a team of associates to achieve operational KPI’s. Work cooperatively with internal business partners and customers in accordance with the company’s mission, vision and values. Candidate will help maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating daily/weekly goals. Share successes, opportunities for improvement and best practices with the team. Research and resolve issues and provide feedback on operations, processes, and associate performance.
The Lead’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s mission, vision, and values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Solicit opinions of team members on departmental operations in an effort to maximize productivity and quality objectives.
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence and suggest improvement to current techniques
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate a safety culture through the company
- Maintain a clean safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits
- Work cooperatively and harmoniously with manager, co-worker, and others
- This associate must be able to research items over several platforms to conclude and resolve the status of an carton.
- Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience.
- Control workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Must have good attendance and be a team player.
- Ability to develop and build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience with warehouse management systems. Ability to learn different ways to research items outside of WMS- (Warehouse Management System), internet usage and Excel. Be able to make the correct course of action to resolve the issue.
- 2-4 years' supervisory/lead experience in distribution
- Some college and computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Outlook) required
- Possess exceptional communication skills and personify professionalism
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
- Bilingual is a plus – English/Spanish
- AS400 EXPERIENCE
- PKMS EXPERIENCE
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.