Lead – Research & Development
|Title:||Lead – Research & Development |
With minimal supervision, supports Operations Manager/GOM with leading, guiding and directing a group of associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost in the Research and Development department.
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates.
- Utilize William’s Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Solicit opinions of team members on departmental operations in an effort to maximize productivity and quality objectives.
- Communicate with othe manufacturing leads about any issues that causes delays in product development.
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits
- Works cooperatively and harmoniously with supervisor, co-workers, and others
- Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals in order to provide internal customers with optimum service levels.
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers and manager by using departmental resources
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires.
- Willingness to be a part of a team performing other duties as necessary
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports
- Other projects as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent and one year of experience in distribution, manufacturing or retail environment. In lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience
- Minimum 5 years product development experience in upholstery manufacturing envrionment
- 1 year of experience working with a warehouse management system
- 1 year experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attendance
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications