|Title:||Application Engineer - DAX Super User|
The Apllication Engineer will be focused on Supply Chain and Manufacturing projects of diverse scope and complexity. Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet the business needs. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Prepares requirements, specifications, business process flows and recommendations. Uses skills as seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industrial practices and company policies and procedures. Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Independently initiates, identifies, researches, analyzes, defines and documents business requirements to support company objectives.
- Uses detailed knowledge of application features and functions to assess scope and impact of business needs
- Identifies, communicates, and coordinates with all affected stakeholders for a project.
- Identifies and documents cross-functional and/or cross-divisional, functional requirements, workflow, information resources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
- Conducts and/or participates in the analysis of business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Produces workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis reports.
- Identifies overlaps and related processes.
- Designs and write specifications for interface and conversion needs for data
- Analyzes and defines efficient, cost effective solutions that support business processes and functional requirements.
- Evaluates existing application products that could address requirements and develops recommendations where appropriate.
- Evaluates alternative operational efficiencies.
- Documents and refines system modifications.
- Coordinates installation and first-use of new applications.
- Resolves issues related to an application (new or current) involving, as required, team members, vendors, business members, etc. and escalates as needed.
- Assists in planning, developing and executing test plans.
- Complies with all SOX requirements defined by the organization.
- May assist in development of project plans using the associated project planning tools, which include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths, detailed tasks, and deliverables.
- Provides status on project milestones, alerting project manager of any potential delays.
- Provides product expertise to business groups, delivers presentations, demonstrations and training for application systems.
- Assists with the design and implementation of training programs for new and enhanced application.
- Maintains issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems.
- Acts as a resource in understanding how IT systems carry out business functions.
- Provides knowledge transfer and feedback as appropriate
- 8+ years relevant work experience in either IT, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in IT /other relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
- Customer Service focused, with high quality standards.
- Seasoned, senior-level professional experience or equivalent education in identifying, analyzing, and documenting requirements; analyzing application features and functions to assess scope and impact of business needs; conducting workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis; writing specifications for conversion or interface programs.
- Excellent thinking and analysis skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of users.
- Ability to create and maintain vendor relationships.
- Expected to work with little or no instruction on day-to-day activities, and general instructions on new activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, business communication and writing skills.
- Capable of technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Reliable business knowledge, preferably in the retail industry and/or distribution
- Demonstrated technical adaptability/aptitude.
- Knowledgeable on technical data analysis, functional design, modeling, system development processes, and software testing.
- Proficient in the use of D365 a must
- Experience with Data extraction and Report tools (SQL)
- Ability to use computer for extended period of time.