|Title:||Human Resources Manager|
|Location:||City of Industry, CA|
The Human Resources Manager provides a full range of support and counsel to internal business partners and directly supervises onsite HR support team. The HR Manager covers all aspects of HR support which includes employee relations, labor relations, talent management, recruitment, planning and performance management, compensation, benefits, training and development, and health and safety. He/She will be responsible for the day-to-day application, communication, and implementation of human resources policies for the City of Industry, CA Manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DEPENDING ON LOCATION:
(NOTE: The duties listed below are examples of the variety and general nature of those performed by employees in this job description. The list is descriptive only and should not be used for any other purpose. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of a position at any time. Incumbents are frequently cross-trained and may perform any combination of the following duties/responsibilities. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.)
- Develop a partnership with business client(s) and provide guidance and consultation in the resolution of associate complaints, performance coaching and counseling as well as the administration of progressive discipline
- Plan for organizational capacity to support business strategy.
- Facilitate growth by acting as change agent to impact business strategies, change initiatives and productivity.
- Determine need for training and development to address business, morale, or other needs.
- Support Employee Relations through proactive and, as necessary, reactive interventions with employees and management confidentially and fairly.
- Provides guidance and consistent updates to management regarding changes in all laws/regulations that may affect the respective locations
- Proven track record of supporting change programs and partnering with business managers, peers, and Operational leaders.
- Work within WSI’s PAR Strategies to implement practices, policies and programs that cultivate positive relationships. Support and develop training programs and other development initiatives which drive and facilitate our success. Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business.
- Demonstrates employee advocacy and develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HR professional serving all employees and the organization
- Responsible for all non-exempt hiring processes including high-volume recruitment and on-boarding while ensuring that EEO guidelines are met
- Supports annual Associate Opinion Survey process while driving accountability
- Drive compliance and consistency in SOX audit
- Maintains overall awareness and remains current on changing regulations and laws including but not limited to EEO, Title VII/ Civil Rights Act, FLSA, Workers Compensation, FMLA, PPACA and ADA
- Conducts investigations to resolve associate complaints and inquiries, workers compensation claims, and to ensure Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) compliance
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures
- Acts as liaison in representing the company in dealings with federal and state agencies
- Develops and leads training that supports leadership development, associate relations and policy and procedural changes
- Communicates benefit-related changes and assists associates with questions regarding benefits
- Assists in the coordination of associate events and activities
- Maintains confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
- Works harmoniously and cooperatively with peers and subordinates
- Other duties as they may be assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Related Field
- Minimum of 4 years Employee Relations and Labor Relations experience
- Thorough understanding of all HR related regulations and laws including but not limited to Title VII/ Civil Rights Act, FLSA, Workers Compensation, FMLA, PPACA and ADA
- Experience with high-volume non-exempt recruitment, conducting job fairs and the flexibility to effectively manage strict hiring timelines
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting points of view, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion
- Effective communication, writing and grammar skills and paying great attention to detail
- Strong distribution experience.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office product; specifically, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledgeable of Ethics and Employee Relations Management Systems; specifically, Navex.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or related certification
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- 4+ years of high-volume Employee Relations experience
- 4+ years of Labor Relations experience with all varieties of LR and related HR issues with a tactical, hands-on approach.
- 4+ years of experience working in a Distribution Center environment
- 6+ years Human Resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience including at least 4 years of experience working closely with California employment law
- Must be able to read, write and understand English and Spanish preferred.
- Requires the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines and objectives.
- Requires the ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret general business information, governmental regulations, and technical/trade journals.
- Requires the ability to write reports and communicate effectively using telephonic, written, and electronic means.
- Requires the ability to effectively and respectfully present information one-on-one, in small and large group situations and to customers, management and employees of the organization.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer