|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Chris Fleming|
|Department:||3134 - Memphis Delivery Hub|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday 6AM -2:30PM|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture.
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
This position is responsible for stocking put-aways, Pull From Reserve (PFR), picking and stocking in the split Case Mods, stocking multi-high-volume orders (401s) on the shipping mezzanine and picking off of the pallet conveyor.
The Forklift Driver position is in Olive Branch, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Be certified to operate the Raymond Brand Forklifts: Order Picker (OP) and Reach Truck (RT)
- Working at a pace that is consistent with departmental productivity and quality standards
- Ability to use a hand-held device to perform scanning as well as looking up functions in Pick Ticket Management System (PKMS)
- Handling cartons, stocking pallets and hand-loading-off pallets into locations or bins
- Unloading trailers, staging deliveries on the floor
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 year of forklift driving experience with an Order Picker (OP), Reach Truck (RT) and Swing Reach (SW)
- Able to read and match numbers to ensure accuracy when completing orders
- Possess good communication skills
- Available to work overtime as required
- Flexible to work alternate schedules during peak season and other high-volume times
- Available to work in various departments and buildings as needed
- Focus on maintaining a safe working environment at all times
- Perform other warehouse duties as assigned
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Have working knowledge of Pick Ticket Management System (PKMS)
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Able to bend, reach, squat, and climb stairs/ladders
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Comfortable elevating on an Order Picker (OP) and Swing Reach (SW) up to 35ft
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com