Memphis, TN Distribution Center
Full-Time Logistics Coordinator
This position is responsible for supporting the Transportation Department through logistics reporting, freight claims, freight planning, communication with business partners and data management.
Our full-time associates enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 40% Discount on most merchandise!
- Fun contests / reward and recognition programs
- Growth / Promotional Opportunities
- Casual Dress Environment
- Work with the DC’s to manage trailer pools, assign trailers for DC’s to load.
- Coordination of freight deliveries to warehouse, hubs & stores.
- Use TMS (Transportation management system) to tender loads to carriers and monitor for acceptance.
- Schedule carrier delivery appointments at consignee locations.
- Performs a variety of routine and complex clerical and administrative work assisting the claims department in
- Maintaining claims records, spreadsheets, and data bases.
- Conducts extensive research using multiple systems.
- Active participation in conference calls with WSI corporate partners, Carriers, DC’s and furniture hubs.
- React to sudden business changes and adjust plans/problem solve.
- Manage TMS load data, piece counts, shipment statuses, shipment cost.
- Extract data to create reports and distribute to both internal and external business partners.
- Flexibility to rotate between other coordinator functions within the Transportation Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 Year proficient experience in MS Excel and Word. Candidate must be able to create and maintain active spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Possess the ability to work well with others and support team goals. Maintain flexibility and accept other duties as assigned while conducting business in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic Knowledge of PKMS, GT Nexus, TMS and YardView.
- 2 Year Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office ( includes Excel, Access and Word)
- Familiarity with QlikView or similar BI tool.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing. Today, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is one of the United States' largest e-commerce retailers with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings. We currently operate retail stores in the United States, Canada Puerto Rico, Australia, and the United Kingdom, and franchise our brands to third parties in a number of countries in the Middle East. Our products are also available to customers through our catalogs and online worldwide.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.