|Title:||Business Analyst I|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Business Analyst I position is located in Olive Branch, MS. The Business Systems Analyst I will work on projects of diverse scope and complexity and serve as the change agent for Continuous Improvement. The person in this position analyzes different SOP and practices and assesses the scope and impact of each on business. They will identify and document process charts, information resources, distribution paths, and system specifications. The BA will also help with maintenance and onboarding of workflow platforms such as Infor Nexus (previously GTNexus). The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Perform data analysis and conduct research related to International Transportation operations to identify variance, discrepancies, and gaps; utilize the findings to determine opportunities for improvement and recommend timely corrective actions.
- Develop reporting tools and create dashboards using Business Intelligence Software e.g., QlikView to provide higher visibility and facilitate data driven decision making in daily operations.
- Create project SOPs and documentation for various projects and build a knowledge repository.
- Independently initiate, identify, research, investigate, analyze, define, and document process changes with the aim of increasing productivity and enhancing efficiency.
- Understand organization's direction, structure, and requirements.
- Document and refine system modifications within Infor nexus such as Milestone models, Transit times, Predictive ETAs, and other various administrative tasks.
- May assist in development of project plans using the associated project planning tools, which include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths, detailed tasks, and deliverables.
- Provide status on project milestones, alerting client/project manager of any potential delays.
- Assist in planning, developing, and executing test plans.
- Maintain issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
- Strong technical skills in SQL and BI tools; also advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA and Macros would be very beneficial.
- Strong experience in extracting/mining and modeling data; process mapping and root causing.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in time bound fashion.
- Knowledge of current best practices in Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Distribution.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work with minimal supervision.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship