|Date Posted:||Aug 17, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Patrick Labuhn|
|Shift:||1st; Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
In this role you will be part of a centralized team that handles all routing needs for our Final Mile Delivery locations. This critical role allows our customers to receive white glove deliveries across the country.
The Router position is located in Grove City, OH.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Accountability for availability of frequency/capacity of trucks ensuring:
- Daily routes are available every <3 business days
- Multi-Day routes are available within 7 business days
- Remote routes are available 1-2 times a month
- Interface with Route Planning software (Descartes Route Planner) to:
- Manage and create truck availability
- Determine ideal route capacities
- Optimize and export routes to be dispatched
- Approve and route customer special circumstances:
- Escalated orders (same-day routes, unplanned zone deliveries)
- Rescheduled routes
- Specific delivery instructions
- Fine Routing: Continuous manual route adjustments based on capacity, density and frequency.
- Routing Timeliness: ensuring that routes are published for operational needs.
- Communication liaison between Hubs, Schedulers, Router Analysts and Planners, DOT compliance
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Minimum of 1 year routing experience or in related field.
- Proven proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects)
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all level
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Descartes or other Routing System Knowledge.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to sit or stand for long intervals.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com