Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Primary Job Function/Duties
Sew cushions on production for furniture mfg. facility. As work is needed, the sewer grabs work off the sewing prep table. The sewer will grab the next cushion sew kit. Adhere to the established sewing standards including: ½” seams. Make sure the sewing is straight or align with cover pattern. Making sure there are no drop stitches. After sewing, place the bundle in its proper place on the staging table.
- At least 5 years of experience in production of upper-end upholstery fabric sewing in an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment
- Experience reading and understanding production tickets and ability to interpret simple sewing instructions commonly placed in a sewing manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift bundles of approximately 75 lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for 10-hour periods
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer job screen
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.