|Title:||Bilingual Quality Manager|
|Location:||City of Industry, CA|
About Williams Sonoma DC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Understand and convey Key Performance Indicators (KPI), as well as understanding the downstream consequences of missed KPIs
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and confidently with areas of Production, DCs and Hubs, Care Centers, and Merchants
- Understand the QA processes for the factory and establish a rapport with the production team and line staff
- Oversee the execution of daily furniture in-line and final inspections in accordance with WSI procedures
- Reference required control samples or documents (PDS- Product Data Sheet or weekly production schedule) as required
- Use Microsoft Office programs to create reports, analyze and generate communications to management
- Support the Operations Manager with determining staffing levels for departmental functions
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company. Ensure the maintaining of a clean and safe work environment; communicate safety topics and conduct safety audits
- Ensure availability of materials (supplies) and resources to all associates in the team, so that they can perform their duties with maximum efficiency and minimal downtime
- Control and maintain steady workflow on the floor by ensuring all functions within the department are staffed with adequate headcount - partner with Operations Manager and assign and transfer associates around by skillset to balance the flow if necessary
- Ensure downtime issues including systematic and mechanical are addressed as soon as they arise through the correct channels
- Adopt and endorse continuous improvement concepts where applicable
- Assist in root cause analysis on issues pertaining to safety, service, quality, cost
- Develop and implement solutions to address workflow and efficiency issues, basic time studies and line balancing
- Coordinate projects and associated timelines
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. regularly occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Perform other duties as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience (quality manager, lead, inspector, etc.)
- Understand furniture quality control processes and systems
- Strong management or leadership background
- Working knowledge of all operations through production: Fabric Inspection, Cutting, Sewing, Upholstery, Packing, Product Development
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings, sewing notes, and work instructions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and leadership capabilities including ability to train QA inspectors and drive the performance of leads
- Strong eyesight (can use corrective lenses) to distinguish imperfections
- Must be a team player, have initiative, work under high pressure, and solve complex issues
- Systems savviness, with proven experience interacting with relevant systems and adopting a data-driven approach
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead from the frontlines and be hands on (job has very little desk time)
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master’s Degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related.
- 6+ years of work experience in high volume distribution or manufacturing environment
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience a plus
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: