|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Staff Accountant position is located in Olive Branch, MS. The position is responsible for the accounting for Accounts Payable transactions. Advanced knowledge of inter-company receivables and payables and Oracle Accounting software.This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of vendor payments and A/P reporting (RNI/INR and account reconciliation). Responsible for supplier reconciliations. Prepare retail accrual for DC to Store inventory movement. Coordinate invoice uploads with the DC Transportation Team. Implement corrective action regarding invoice discrepancies and document. Prepare month-end journal entries and variance analysis. Recommend/implement process improvement and procedures.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Document, process, and coordinate inter-company transactions and Accounts Payable.
- Prepare inter-company account reconciliations. Review and reconcile RNI/INR transactions.
- Reconcile vendor accounts on a timely basis. Prepare general ledger expense accruals and journal entries on a monthly basis. Work with San Francisco G/L Accounting to ensure that A/P month-end closing duties are performed in a timely manner.
- Interface with vendors to address payment issues and work with internal customers to facilitate inter-company transactions and documentation standards.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconcile inter-company account balances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare Retail Accrual for DC to Store Inventory movement. Partner with Transportation Department to assure timely audit, coding and payment of invoices.
- Propose solutions to address accounting issues. Review and provide guidance related to company policies/procedures. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 1 year of experience working with MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work overtime and weekend as needed
- Advanced degree or certification
- Inter-company transactions or Accounts Payable experience handling large transaction volume
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of large corporate accounting programs
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports to assist operations
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits