|Title:||Safety Coordinator (Temporary)|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
The Safety Coordinator candidate is responsible for performing injury prevention and regulatory compliance activities for the Williams-Sonoma Distribution Center in Olive Branch, MS. The Safety Coordinator will work closely with the Health & Safety and Employee Relations teams to ensure the effective implementation of procedures and policies. This position is responsible for effectively interacting with people to mitigate the risk of injury.
- Conduct and document Safe Work Observations. Provide positive reinforcement and feedback to the involved associate.
- Conduct and document safety and health assessments to include COVID-19 compliance. Address areas of non-compliance.
- Ensure COVID-19 related supplies are always available. These supplies include signs, hand sanitizer and facial coverings.
- Support social distancing and proper facial covering usage as required by Williams-Sonoma recommended by the CDC.
· Provide answers for day to day associate inquiries on the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in implementing processes to support state and federal compliance (i.e. OSHA, FMLA, ADA, Bulletin boards & Compliance signage).
- Distribute company announcements and safety information.
- Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in Safety or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Proficient experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge and/or passion for Health and Safety and Employee Relations.
- Must be detailed oriented, well organized, and demonstrate excellent follow through skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience of working in a distribution environment is preferred.
- Bilingual is a plus.