Available Jobs in
Williams-Sonoma Inc.'s Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company. Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. We also own and operate a growing manufacturing base right here in the United States, proudly producing nearly all of the upholstered furniture and much of the lighting sold through our brands. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you are an expert in global logistics, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery and have a passion for quality and customer service, our Supply Chain Organization may just be the place for you.
Bi-lingual Human Resources Assistant
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the NJ human resources department and contributes to special projects within the eastern region and the supply chain operation.
• Answers routine inquiries from associates and assists with changes to banking, tax and personal information.
• Provides administrative support to the HR department and places recruitment advertising, assists with job fairs, reviews resumes, conducts telephone screens and schedules interviews.
• Assists with associate events.
• Schedules pre-employment drug screens, submits online investigation requests and completes professional references and employment verifications.
• Assists with the writing and distribution of HR communications including pass-along and site calendar.
• Assists HR Director with various special projects
• Assists with New Associate Orientation for non-exempt associates.
• Creates and maintains all Human Resources files.
• Maintains compliance and communication boards.
• Completes and verifies WOTC and I-9 documentation and maintains all recordkeeping in compliance with federal requirements.
• Enters new hire information and HR data changes into Lawson.
• Maintains internal job posting program for the East Coast facilities.
• Conducts audits of internal HR controls and policies.
• Tracks HR metrics and dashboards.
• Performs other HR administrative tasks and projects.
• Planning: Ability to prioritize, plan and use time efficiently.
• Adaptability - Ability to deal with frequent change and unexpected events.
• Accuracy: Ability to perform data entry functions error free with meticulous attention to details and processes.
• Dependability- Ability to work overtime on short or no notice; available for weekend assignements. Prompt and present for scheduled shift. Ability to follow instructions and receive feedback.
• Oral and Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and assist with presentations; skilled in written English and can edit own work for spelling and grammar.
• Interpersonal Skills-Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and interact professionally with exempt and non-exempt associates.
• 1-2 years of previous Human Resources experience required; proficiency in HRIS and timekeeping systems
• Experience in a fast-paced department or workplace
• Higher education (bachelor/associate degree) preferred
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish (written and verbal) required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship