|Date Posted:||Aug 9, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Cesar Carrillo|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Braselton, GA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
Job Summary: The Safety Admin is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company's employee safety at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) guidelines to to reduce work-related injuries.
The Safety Admin position is located in Braselton, GA
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures.
- Coordinates safety programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of safety and security programs.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Submits recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety management program including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of safety protocols and emergency preparedness.
- Knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Suite, Excel or similar software.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and lift throughout the day
- Able to use computer for an extended period of time
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com