|Title:||Talent Acquisition Recruiter - Olive Branch, MS|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
As the Recruiter based at our Olive Branch, MS Distribution Center, the successful candidate will ensure that a well-qualified, diverse candidate pipeline exists for key jobs throughout the year and our peak seasons. This recruiter will leverage multiple candidate sources including military, local colleges and universities, and other channels that align with hiring needs. The successful candidate will collaborate with the HR Department, Talent Acquisition team members and business unit leadership.
Our recruitment includes all facets of the recruiting processes including advertising, sourcing, organizing and managing hiring events, interviewing candidates and scheduling interviews with the hiring managers. It also includes pre-employment processes, reference checks, reporting, tracking, and other metrics activities using our internal applicant tracking system, email, and MS Office tools.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Sourcing and Full-Cycle Recruitment for non-exempt positions in the Distribution Centers including high-volume recruiting during our peak seasons (June-August and September-December)
- Increase candidate flow and develop strategic solutions that will attract and acquire high quality, diverse candidates
- Build and maintain a candidate pipeline from multiple sources for current and future hiring needs
- Coordinate and host Job Fairs in order to maximize the coverage to fill large job orders
- Support the HR Team and Operations Leadership with all hourly recruiting needs
- Update and maintain candidate and requisition data
- Maintenance of recruiting reporting metrics and tracking information
- Manage requisitions and candidates in the applicant tracking system
- Ensure recruiting and selection processes are compliant with legal and company requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and 3-5 years of recruiting experience required (preferably in a high-volume and/or distribution setting). (Five plus years of high-volume recruiting experience in a distribution/manufacturing environment combined with an Associate’s Degree in a related field may be considered)
- Direct knowledge of recruiting and talent acquisition strategies and practices, preferably with high volume distribution/manufacturing positions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong recruiting, sourcing and project management skills; Experience with internet jobs boards and applicant tracking systems
- Prior work experience designing and implementing high-volume recruiting strategies
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong business relationships with hiring managers and HR partners
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills to ensure proper interface with all levels within the company; Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external business relationships
- Ability to develop and communicate appropriate metrics, interpret trends and adjust strategies as needed in response to change
- Ability to operate strategically and tactically as the situation demands
- A high degree of creativity-, short-and-long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required
- Initiative, high energy, strong sense of urgency, and the ability to handle many projects simultaneously.
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills; Detail oriented
- Customer focused
- Self-directed with strong initiative; Willingness to do what it takes to deliver results
- Flexible, open to change, and adaptable
ASSOCIATES INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR EXEMPT POSITIONS NEED TO:
- Meet minimum job qualifications
- Meet eligibility requirements (non-exempt associates must be in their current position for six months (6) and exempt associates for twelve (12) months before applying for a posted position)
- Be performing satisfactorily in current position
- Submit manager approval to apply via email to Brandon Musso (email@example.com)
- APPLY ONLINE: Applications and resumes should be submitted online or to Brandon Musso (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Talent Acquisition Department by the deadline once your manager has approved.
To apply online:
Apply online by submitting the online application and your current resume before the posting deadline on HomeFront at http://homefront.wsgc.com/homefront.html.
Select Career Opportunities @ WSI in the right-hand column and then select Internal Postings. Search for the corresponding requisition number.
If you are unable to apply online, resumes must be submitted to Brandon Musso (email@example.com) by the posting deadline.