About Williams Sonoma Inc.
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The General Operations Manager position is located in Claremont, NC. The General Operations Manager maintains full operational responsibility for all manufacturing operations. They must provide solid leadership, coaching, direction, and resources to build a team capable of executing and delivering service and cost for both tactical and strategic initiatives.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because:
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic manufacturing operations environment is required
- A people centered focus in all decisions and actions
- Ability to stay ahead of a year over year growth rate
- A strong internal and external customer commitment
- Consistency and reliability in manufacturing operations processes
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels in order to work cross organizationally toward solutions and excellent leadership and consensus building skills
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost control, service, inventory accuracy, housekeeping, and safety
- Responsible for achieving efficiency and production objectives consistent with quality requirements
- Ability to motivate a team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Ability to develop, monitor and achieve financial plans and budgets
- Manage projects under aggressive time and dollar constraints
- Operate in a manner that ensures peak productivity and corporate profitability
- Manage and develop systems, processes, and procedures to maintain efficiency
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Logistics, Engineering, or related area.
- Minimum of 6 years management experience (minimum of 10 years management experience in lieu of degree) with a progressive track record of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels
We prefer some of these qualities as well:
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry:
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products.
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities.
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer.
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.