|Title:||Merch Processor - Forklift Operator|
|Date Posted:||Sep 13, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Reuben Long|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma Distribution Center - Braselton, GA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
Job Summary: Shift will be Monday-Friday 5am-1:30pm, OT as required.
The Merch Processor(s) - Forklift Operator position is located in Braselton, GA
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Perform functions in all departments such as Picking, Putaway or material movement areas as required.
- Work with DC leads and clerks to ensure the completion of picking all orders.
- Perform detailed tasks with minimal errors.
- Ability to achieve established productivity standards.
- Work safely and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Provide exceptional service to both internal and external customers through quality of work.
- Ensure that freight is scanned and moved to the correct destination.
- Keep work area safe and clean according to general warehousing practice and OSHA requirements.
- Will move to the work as necessary.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be familiar with RF and AS400 Systems
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day.
- Certified to operate an Order Picker, Reach Truck
- Comfortable elevating on an order picker 5 stories up
- Knowledge of basic math (addition and subtraction)
- Ability to operate RF equipment where needed.
- AS400 warehousing systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedules.
- Heavy lifting up to 65 pounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and a fast learned.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and lift throughout the day.
- Able to use computer for an extended period of time.
- Lifting and moving up to 65 lbs with or without accommodation
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com