About Williams Sonoma
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture.
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The Operations Manager must demonstrate strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
The Operations Manager (Final Mile Hub) position is located in South Brunswick, NJ.
You'll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Lead, guide, and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements
- Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments, people utilization, damages; provide daily reports to multiple tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate communication
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Directing and ensuring top service for internal/external customers
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met
- Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution center and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules
- Achieving financial plans and budget objectives
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of furniture/final mile distribution or manufacturing management/leadership experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Must be highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master's degree in business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field experience is strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish a must with excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
- 6+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or final mile/big box furniture distribution environment
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Frequently walking long distances
- Ocassionally sitting long periods
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
EOE At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.