|Title:||Assistant General Operations Manager|
The successful Assistant General Manager provides leadership, guidance, and direction to the managers and associates in the assigned departments in order to encourage and gain support toward meeting corporate objectives. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. This position is accountable for executing plans and constantly improving service, safety, quality and cost.
Must exhibit exceptional leadership skills and possess the following:
- Develop the operating plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products conform to customer and quality standards.
- Ability to develop, monitor and achieve financial plans and budgets
- Manage projects under aggressive time and dollar constraints
- Hire, train, mentor and develop team members in order to assist with professional growth and development
- Identification and analysis of root causes of key performance indicators in order to mitigate future occurrences
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels in order to work cross organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus building skills
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost control, service and inventory accuracy
- Improve inventory positions, reduce out-of-market and create a more efficient Just in Time supply chain
- Maintain and manage all supply chain systems (GT Nexus and QlikView)
- Application support and data maintenance (GT Nexus, TMS, PkMS, QlikView)
- Ownership of the Centralized Routing Group in Columbus, responsible for oversight and management of route planning for all network home delivery hubs.
- Produce and monitor reporting for all routing related metrics; 1st Available, Completion %, On-time %, etc.
- Identify areas for improvement and partner with Hub Managers to maximize route efficiency and customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or related area
- 4+ years of progression in a high volume - highly automated distribution environment.
- Technical experience in warehouse management systems and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to delegate and manage projects and activities in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels