|Title:||Sr. Supply Chain Manager|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
About Williams Sonoma - Phoenix, AZ
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Senior Supply Chain Manager is responsible for planning projects, improving processes and analyzing complex warehousing data. The goal for this position is to align distribution center’s operations activities with WSI’s supply chain strategy with an eye to serve the customer in the best possible fashion.
The Sr. Supply Chain Manager position is located in Phoenix, AZ. (Initial training for this role will be in Olive Branch, MS)
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Lead a team that would be tasked with identifying process gaps and recommend and implement solutions, analyzing and interpreting large number of datasets to identify current and future trends and discovering new solutions to supply chain and warehousing problems.
- Develop a team of associates who would manage and maintain the Profiling department responsible for SKU slotting, keeping the market basket SKUs together, and re-profiling the distribution center based on seasonal SKU demand patterns.
- Manage cross-functional projects involving information technology, finance, engineering, operations, and merchandising teams to allow for integrated supply chain and operations management.
- Improve current warehousing processes by following Six Sigma and Lean methodology, thus improving efficiencies, and optimizing the distribution center’s capacity.
- Build executive dashboards and reporting tools using SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel and Business Intelligence tools like Qlikview, Microstrategy etc. to help make sense of complex supply chain & warehousing data.
- Follow-up on all critical areas, provide support and coaching to various operations teams during the roll-out and implementation of new processes and system enhancements & modifications.
- Partner with software vendors, including Warehouse Management System and Warehouse Execution System to work on system changes, issues, and resolutions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Cartonization and 3-D Cubing functions to reduce supply chain logistics cost, increase fulfillment accuracy, and improve customer & parcel compliance.
- Support warehousing operations during seasonal peaks and whenever there is a need.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Master’s Degree in Business/ Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or 10 years related work experience in similar field.
- 5 years of experience in a warehousing, industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in SQL, writing queries, and creating reports in Qlikview-Business Intelligence platform.
- Extensive working knowledge & experience of Excel, Word and Microsoft Access.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in time bound fashion; 1-2 full project life cycle implementations and go-lives required.
- Knowledge of current best practices in Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Distribution.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work with minimal supervision.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: