|Location:||Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
With minimal supervision, supports Operations Manager with leading, guiding and directing a group of associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost
- PRIMARY FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates.
- Utilize Williams Sonoma's Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Solicit opinions of team members on departmental operations in an effort to maximize productivity and quality objectives.
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company. Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits.
- Works cooperatively and harmoniously with supervisor, co-workers, and others.
- Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience.
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers and manager by using departmental resources.
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires.
- Willingness to be part of a team - performing other duties as necessary.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports.
- Daily start-up Meeting and communication of daily/weekly goals for Department.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of experience in distribution, manufacturing or retail environment. In lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience
- 1 year of experience working with a warehouse management system
- 1 year of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attendance
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: