|Title:||Lead Merchandise Supervisor|
About Williams Sonoma - Braselton, GA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Lead Merchandise Supervisor position is located in Braselton, GA.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Train, direct, and lead a team of associates to achieve operational goals
- Work cooperatively with internal and external business partners and customers in accordance with the Company’s mission, vision, and values
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics, conducting audits, and promoting awareness in all tasks
- Track productivity, coordinate team assignments and prioritize/control the workflow through floor presence to ensure that deadlines are met
- Assist in leading daily start-up meetings, help communicate daily/weekly/goals, and share successes, opportunities for improvement and best practices with the team
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques
- Works cooperatively and harmoniously with supervisor, co-workers, and others
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates
- Research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers, and manager by using departmental resources
- Assist Manager with planning and implementation or departmental standards and goals
- Safely and efficiently operate material handling tools and equipment
- Keep work area safe, organized, and clean according to general warehousing practices and OSHA requirements daily
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities while maintaining required accuracy percentages, productivity (if required), and quality standards
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary
- Job requires continuous physical exertion – walking, bending, lifting, standing, climbing – must be able to lift 65 pounds minimum with or without accommodation
- 1 year of experience in distribution, manufacturing, or retail environment. In lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience
- 6 months previous forklift driving experience
- 12 months experience with warehouse management systems (CCUI, PKMS, etc.)
- Excellent PKMS (or equivalent WMS) knowledge including handheld, truck mount and desktop
- MS Office Proficient: Outlook, Word, and Excel – Advanced Skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary (English)
- Strong decision making, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, be a team player, and possess research skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner
- Flexible to work overtime as required
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and lift throughout the day
- Able to use computer for an extended period of time
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com