|Title:||Operations Manager - WE Shift|
About Williams Sonoma Inc.
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Operations Manager position is located in Claremont, NC. The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because:
- Lead, guide, and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements.
- Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments, people utilization, damages; provide periodic reports to multiple tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate communication.
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
- Directing and ensuring top service for internal/external customers.
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met.
- Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution center and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite.
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules.
- Achieving financial plans and budget objectives.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates:
- A Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant distribution or manufacturing management/leadership experience.
- Must have 2-3 years receiving experience.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Must be highly organized and process oriented.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time.
- Warehouse Management System experience.
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements.
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
We prefer some of these qualities as well:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment.
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry:
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products.
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities.
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer.
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.