|Title:||Truck Driver - Lead Delivery Driver|
Extraordinary local home-delivery and customer relations driver position. Position involves local trips with a load of furniture and accessories that must be unloaded at a customer’s home, office or other designated location. Back hauls consist primarily of customer returns and scheduled pickups of furniture. This position is non-traditional since drivers play a critical role for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Mandatory overnight stays, often weekly, for 3 or more consecutive days.
- Operate and drive a straight-truck.
- Unload furniture at customer’s designated location; e.g. home, office, upstairs, downstairs.
- Using effective communication skills and a professional demeanor with customers.
- Assemble furniture e.g. placing mirror brackets, bed slats, bed center support legs, hanging wall mirrors (within company safety and liability guidelines).
- Perform minor repairs of furniture during unloading process or in customer’s home.
- Inspect vehicle for safe performance.
- Conduct inventory of tools, supplies, equipment and repair kits.
- Mark rejected furniture with tape indicating problem areas.
- Prepare required documentation; driver logs, delivery receipts and comments.
- Unload returns and pickups each morning prior to loading new delivery items.
- Submit all delivery documents and vehicle inspections sheet along with explanations of returned items.
- Provide information concerning trip feedback and problems requiring corrective actions.
- Comply with regulatory, health and safety needs of self and co-driver during trip.
- Delivery of case goods to local retail stores.
- Project company image,” Red Carpet and White Glove Service.”
- Completion of driver training program or one year equivalent experience driving a 26” straight truck or larger
- Previous experience with furniture or household goods desirable.
- Ability to use proper lifting techniques and walk forward and backward.
- Good driving record (based on MVR report).
- Must have proper drivers license, CDL “B” or “A” preferred.
- Good knowledge of highways, map reading, sense of direction.
- Basic math skills, addition and subtraction are required for record keeping purposes, general and DOT.
- Excellent communication skills and friendly, professional manner.
- Must be 21 years of age with a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
- Honesty and pride in workmanship.
- Dependable, deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to lift in excess of 500 pounds with a partner.
- Following the interview process, this position will require the successful completion of mandatory DOT screenings to include a Strength Test, Physical Exam and Drug Test, MVR Check- Three (3) years