|Title:||Sutter South Frame Builder|
|Shift:||4X10, Monday through Thursday (OT as needed)|
About Williams Sonoma
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The operator will assemble pre-cut wood parts into assembled frames per the specifications and SOPs for use on the upholstery lines, at a pace sufficient to achieve stated productivity requirements.
The Sutter South Frame Build position is located in Booneville, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- The associate will obtain pre-constructed frame parts by pushing, pulling, and lifting onto workstation.
- The operator will assemble the frame parts assuring they are square and level, with correct parts oriented to the correct direction and all parts flush to the outside of the frame using a hammer and nails, staples, and appropriate glue per Sutter Street’s frame SOP’s.
- The associate will assure all parts are ground level to result in as flush an outside edge as possible and that no staples are on the outside of the frame, while maintaining a clean and organized work area throughout the shift.
- The associate will perform any other duties that are assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
- The associate needs to be able to pay attention to detail, can work with their hands, and have experience in reading and understanding production tickets.
- Ability to interpret simple instructions commonly placed in a production manual and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision.
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- 3 years’ experience building frames in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing 50 -75lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for 10-hour periods and bend and twist at waist and knees as required to upholster furniture
- Ability to bend and twist as required to assemble frames
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER