Mfg Hourly I - Double Needle
|Title:||Mfg Hourly I - Double Needle|
Operate or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform double needle sewing operations in the manufacture of upholstered furniture.
- Receive cut fabric from Eton system.
- Conduct initial inspection of fabric to ensure it matches the production ticket.
- Using a sewing machine while sewing double needle, adheres to established sewing standards, including: ½” seams, while keeping sewing straight and in alignment with cover pattern.
- Assures there are no drop stitches and sews in tabs correctly.
- 2-4 years experience in production of upper-end upholstery fabric sewing in an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to double needle sew in upholstery manufacturing environment.
- Experience reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret simple sewing instructions commonly placed in a sewing manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to sit for 8 hour periods operating an industrial sewing machine and manipulating Eton material handling system.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications