|Title:||Mfg I - Frame Assembly|
Our North Carolina Manufacturing Center is seeking to add a Furniture Assembler to our team with a focus on teamwork and customer service. The position consistes primarily of assembling pre-constructed wooden furniture to specifications for upholstered furniture frames.
- Obtain pre-constructed frame parts from sub-assembler or frame grinder by pushing, pulling and lifting onto work station.
- Assemble the frame parts assuring they are square and level, with correct parts orientated to the correct direction and all parts flush to outside of frame using a hammer and nails, staples and appropriately applied glue.
- Assure all parts are ground off level to result in as flush an outside edge as possible and that no staples are on outside of frame.
- Maintained and documented piece rate throughout entire shift on a daily basis.
- Cleaned, organized workplace and removed trash from assembly area, as directed.
- Ensure work area is kept clean and safe per OSHA safety codes.
- other duties as assigned.
- Up to 5 years experience in production of high-end upholstery frames.
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret simple frame assembly instructions commonly placed in frame assembly manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Ability to maintain accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for 10 hour periods
- Ability to bend and twist as required in order to assemble frames
- High School Diploma or GED
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day 10-12 hours.